Tecno Camon C8 has been officially upgraded to Marshmallow.
There are two methods of updating, either through SD Card or through flashtool. The SD Card method is easier and I will provide instruction for the SD Card update ONLY!
HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR C8 TO MARSHMALLOW USING SD Card METHOD
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR TO YOUR PHONE. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION
1. Download the Tcard_update_20160425 from http://download.tecno-mobile.com/C8/Tcard_update_20160425.zip
(YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN FOR THE LINK TO WORK)
NOTE: THE DOWNLOAD IS OVER 800MB, PLEASE HAVE FAST INTERNET AND PATIENCE
2. Place Tcard_update_20160415 on your SD Card (DO NOT PUT IN INSIDE ANY FOLDER)
3. Do a BACKUP of your personal data thenSwitch off your Camon C8
4. Hold Power Button + Volume Up
When the startup logo appears release thePower Button ONLY
You will see the android logo appear as shown below
Now release the Volume Up button
5. Again, hold the Power Button for 2 seconds and then press Volume Up button
WITHOUT RELEASING THE POWER BUTTON.
You will see the interface below:
6. Use Volume Down to navigate to Apply update from sdcard then press the Power Button to select
7. You will enter a new interface as shown below.
Use the Volume Down to navigate toTcard_update_20160415 then select it with the Power Button
8. The installation will begin and when it is done you will see the interfcae below. SelectReboot system now
9. The phone will reboot. This could take long, maybe upto 5 minutes.
10. After the boot process is complete, DO A FACTORY RESET to ensure you do not encounter any issues
After the boot is done, you should have HiOSand Marshmallow 6.0 on your C8.